Wednesday, March 30, 2016

30 x 30 Challenge: In Conclusion

Yesterday marked the conclusion of my first 30 x 30 challenge.

I had mixed success.

At first I overestimated what I could accomplish in a half an hour, then I scaled back and underestimated my productivity.

At the end I must confess that I fell a wee bit behind with the task, I lost focus and I lost interest.

Moving forward I would do a few things differently.

I would pick a project that is NOT new research, but organization or fact gathering. I have a few things on my list already. I need to sort and label all my photos, documents and downloads. I have started this, but always find myself distracted .... Another big thing I'd like to finish is the reorganization of my paper files into the new binder system I started. Again, boring but necessary. And I just had this thought, I'd like to either pick a new genealogy software program or really learn how to work the one I have. This would be a great challenge! 30 minutes for 30 days exploring one program, or exploring several, one each week. That could include watching tutorials and playing within the program.

In summary not a complete failure. I accomplished a few things and have some great ideas for my next 30 x 30 challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment