It started, as good quests always do, with a family tale.
Harriet Houston (Sarah, James, William) was born August 25th 1794 in Middletown, then Ulster Co, New York. She was the second child, and second daughter, born to Sarah Faulkner and her husband Thomas Houston.
Harriet married John B Booth December 30th 1817 in Goshen, Orange Co, New York. John was a Presbyterian minister.
The couple had the following children: (all born Goshen, Orange Co, New York)
- Thomas Houston Booth b. 1819 d. 12 Jun 1872 m. Maria Smith
- Ellen 'Elenor' Booth b. 21 Oct 1820 d. 5 Feb 1873 Iowa
- Edwin Booth b. 27 Oct 1821 d. 12 Dec 1845 "at sea"
- Sarah Jane Booth b.19 Mar 1823 d. UNK Iowa m. William Tell Wynkoop
- Mary Ann Booth b. 30 Apr 1825 d. 10 Mar 1895 Iowa
- Harriet Houston Booth b. 4 Aug 1827 d. 12 Sep 1902 Iowa
- Susan Agnes Booth b. 1829 d. 10 Jun 1880 m. Lawrence Millar M.D.
- Infant Booth b. abt 1832 d. 17 Jun 1833 New York
- Catherine Booth b. 2 Aug 1834 d. UNK Iowa m. John P Conkey
Harriet and John removed from their long time home in Goshen, Orange Co, New York in the decade between 1850 and 1860 and relocated to Bellevue, Jackson Co, Iowa. They were both in their late 50's or early 60's.
Harriet Houston Booth died April 8th 1868 her husband John Booth died February 18th 1869. They are buried in the First Presbyterian Cemetery in Bellevue, Iowa with their children Elenor, Edwin, Mary Ann, Harriet, and Susan Booth Millar.
©2017 Anne Faulkner - AncestorArchaeology.net, All Rights Reserved